ST. JAMES CATHOLIC SCHOOL
St. James School will provide Latchkey services before and after school for student in Preschool through 8th grade during the school year.
RATES: $3.00 per hour/per child ($10.00 non-refundable registration fee required/per child)
LATE FEE: $1.00 per minute, per child, later than 5:30 p.m.
WHAT ARE THE HOURS?
Before school: 6:30 a.m. – 7:30 a.m.
After school: 2:15 p.m. – 5:30 p.m.
During regular school days
HOW DO I PAY FOR LATCHKEY?
Statements will be issued monthly, with payment due on or before the 15th of the following month. Send remittance to school with your child or in the mail.
ARE SNACKS PROVIDED?
Yes, free snacks are provided that meet federal and state guidelines. However, the children may also bring snacks from home. Snacks are served at approximately 3:00 p.m. Eating should be finished during the 15-20 minutes allotted and before other activities begin. Each child must clean up after themselves. All food and beverages must be kept at the tables. No soda pop is allowed.
All children must inform latchkey supervisors before leaving the room.
Children must check in with the adult in charge when entering the latchkey classroom.
Every child must be accounted for on the daily log and signed out (afternoons) by the parent/guardian. This includes children of teachers and staff.
Children must put away games or toys before moving on to another activity.
All unclaimed items left in the classroom will be put in the lost and found at the end of each day.
ALL SCHOOL RULES shall be followed during latchkey. These include the following:
- Students are expected to follow directions given by all school staff.
- Walking is expected at all times unless involved in an acceptable physical education activity.
- Hands, feet and all objects are kept to yourself at all times.
- Yelling, name calling, teasing and backtalk toward anyone will not be tolerated.
- Do not throw anything except when participating in an approved physical education activity.
Latchkey Phone #
- Latch key cell phone # 391-4048
What if my child is injured?
In the event of an injury other than minor scratches and abrasions:
- Staff shall administer first aid.
- Person responsible for child will be contacted by phone.
- In case of an emergency, staff will notify the health care source authorized on the student’s registration form.
- *** In the event of illness, the parent will be contacted and immediate plans must be made for pick-up.